We are pleased to announce that the office will be reopening on Monday, May 4th to resume limited patient care. Per mandate by the Nevada Dental Board of Examiners, we are currently still unable to perform any appointments in which aerosols are created. This includes but is not limited to bracket repairs, bite turbo repairs, bonding braces and/or attachments, debonding braces, cementing appliances, etc.
We know a number of patients have already been rescheduled multiple times and we apologize for the inconvenience. In order to avoid constantly rescheduling these appointments, we are cancelling all appointments that generate aerosols at this time and we will contact you to reschedule these appointments as soon as we have been given the green light by the dental board.
We have made numerous environmental as well as procedural changes to ensure the absolute safest environment for our patients and staff. Some of these include:
- We will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The entire waiting room has been closed and there is unfortunately no more access to our usual patient amenities such as refreshments, coffee, tea, cell phone chargers, etc
- All patients are subject to a screening before every single appointment as well as having their temperatures checked upon entry.
- We are only allowing patients in the office at the time (or patient plus 1 parent in the case of a very young patient).
- All frequently touched surfaces are getting disinfected once per hour in the common areas as well as in between every patient in the clinic.
- Additional equipment is being used during clinical procedures in order to minimize the spread of aerosols
- We are operating at reduced capacity and spacing appointments out more in order to reduce the number of people in the clinic at once and to allow adequate time to disinfect surfaces and change PPE in between patients.
- We are only using every other chair in the clinic, which spaces our patients 18 feet apart. As you know, our clinic already features glass dividers in between each dental chair, so you will have 18 feet AND two sets of glass dividers between you and the next patient.
- We have modified our HVAC system to include high-grade filters that capture viruses as well as UVC bulbs to inactivate them.
There are too many other changes we've made to list them all here, but please know that we have taken every precaution and thought about every little detail, going above and beyond the recommendations put out by our various governing organizations in order to make the safest environment possible for everyone.
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time. We ask for your patience and flexibility with rescheduling as soon as we are able to resume full operations. Until then, please stay safe and most importantly, stay at home!